The Author of Tomorrow Award is designed to find the adventure writers of the future. The 2017 Author of Tomorrow is now closed for submission. The shortlisted titles will be released in May 2017 and the winners announced at a ceremony in London, in September 2017.
The award is run in partnership with a number of non-governmental organisations dedicated to improving global literacy levels. It is open to anyone aged 21 and under who has completed a short piece of adventure writing in English.
To enter the Author of Tomorrow Award
- The author must be aged up to and including 21 years
- The piece of short fiction entered must be between 1500 and 5000 words
- The submitted work must, in the opinion of the judges, fall within what can be defined as adventure writing (using the definition provided here)
The author must provide
- An electronic copy of their piece of short fiction
- A short synopsis of their work
- A scanned copy of their birth certificate
The 2017 Author of Tomorrow closed on 15th March. Any story submitted after the deadline will not be eligible for entry.
The winning author will receive £1,000 pounds sterling and a framed certificate.
Please check this website for further details regarding the 2018 Wilbur Smith Author of Tomorrow. More information will be released later in 2017.