The Wilbur Smith Adventure Writing Prize is currently closed for submissions. The 2020 Prize will accept submissions from 6th January – 2nd March 2020.
Best Published Novel | Prize: £15,000
Our definition of adventure writing can be found here.
Please ensure you read the guidelines fully before submitting your entry.
How do I enter?
On 6th January you will be able to submit your entry via an online portal which will be available on this page.
Terms & Conditions | Criteria for Published Work
Submission of entry is taken to be an unqualified acceptance of these rules:
- The competition is open to writers of any nationality writing in English.
- The work in question must have been published by a recognised trade publisher.
- Entrants may submit multiple works by the same author so long as they are published between 1st May 2019 - 30th April 2020. Proof copies are accepted.
- Entries must be submitted digitally, as a .pdf file. Please feel free to watermark the file.
If your submission is shortlisted:
- we will supply roundel artwork to the publisher and request that all paperback editions or reprints of the title feature this artwork. The shortlisting must be acknowledged in all online sales copy.
We reserve the right:
- to disqualify any entry if we have reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these rules. We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition.
- to amend these rules where it is deemed necessary to do so or where circumstances are beyond our control.
- to not award the first prize, where circumstances are beyond our control, or if the judges’ overall verdict is that the level of entries is not up to the required standard.
We will act in accordance with current UK data protection legislation in relation to your personal data. All personal data entered is secure.