Wilbur Smith is advertising for a freelance Communications Coordinator, available for 40 hours per month to start immediately.
Download the job description here: Communications Coordinator Role
About the role:
You will work across the Wilbur Smith brand communications, with the key focus on social media. You will work on Wilbur Smith’s author channels and The Wilbur & Niso Smith Foundation’s channels, across twitter, Facebook and Instagram, with the intention of sharing news and engaging both readers and aspiring writers.
Outline of responsibilities:
- Curate and create content for all Wilbur Smith brand social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Content includes written copy, images, GIFs, videos, audio extracts, plus others at your suggestion. Planning content will require communication with the Smiths, publishers Bonnier Books UK and the Foundation
- Scheduling social media content, through Hootsuite or occasionally directly on the platform. You will be required to monitor responses and engage with followers
- Design graphics for social media. We use Canva Pro
- Provide evaluation and updates on the social media and marketing achievements to measure success and as insights for the board of trustees
- Continue to grow the Wilbur Smith brand presence and network on social media, increasing followings and engagement figures, and gaining sign ups to the Foundation newsletter and Wilbur’s Readers’ Club newsletter (run by Bonnier Books UK)
You will report to the Manager of The Wilbur & Niso Smith Foundation. They will support you to prioritise content and your workload.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 14th September. If you do not receive a response by Friday 17th September, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
To apply: To apply please send a CV and one-page cover letter to Foundation Manager, Georgina Brown, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we are impressed with your application, you will be invited to interview with the Foundation Manager, via telephone or Zoom on either the 19th or 20th September. You may at this point be asked to provide references. Start date is immediate.