We have two freelance roles available for workshops creators and facilitators with experience working with young people (upper KS2).
If you are interested in either of the roles, you can download the full descriptions above.
Both roles are to create and lead workshops as part of our HMS Adventure Event on 6th July.
The HMS Adventure is a sleepaway event encouraging independent reading and writing and showing how approaching both activities with a sense of adventure can make them pleasurable. The group will participate in an afternoon of creative writing activities before spending the night on board the HMS Belfast. You will report to the Foundation Manager.
- Must have an enhanced DBS check, valid within the last 18 months
- Experience in creating and facilitating workshops to meet set objectives
- Experience working with KS2 pupils, ideally year 6 and preferably large groups
- Experience of working with diverse groups
- Experience of managing challenging behaviour in young people
- Able to adapt set materials to be inclusive of all young people
- Experience of delivering creative storytelling, interactive reading or creative writing activities
- Positive and motivated attitude, with a desire to improve literacy and help young people build stronger communities
These are one-off roles but we hope that this could develop into a longer-term relationship with more work in the future.
Deadline for applications: Friday 17th May 2019
To apply please send a CV and one-page cover letter to Foundation Manager, Georgina Brown, on firstname.lastname@example.org