We are advertising for a freelance Communications Coordinator, available for 40 hours per month to start immediately.
Download the job description here: Communications Coordinator Role
About the role:
This is a new role, focused predominantly on communications and marketing for the Wilbur Smith Adventure Writing Prize. The annual Prize cycle starts in January and you will work across the three award categories: Best Published Novel, Best Unpublished Manuscript and Author of Tomorrow (writers age 21 and under).
Outline of responsibilities:
- be responsible for marketing the Prize to potential entrants
- advertise for and coordinate volunteer readers for the Author of Tomorrow category
- coordinate all written communications around the long and shortlist announcements, whether directed towards the public, our supporters, the industry, the writers and where necessary, their parents
- coordinate a panel event when the shortlist for the Best Published Novel award is revealed in May 2020 and work with the Foundation Manager to coordinate the Awards Ceremony in September 2020, where the winners are announced.
Outside of the Adventure Writing Prize, you will:
- coordinate the Foundation’s database and migration to a CRM system
- coordinate the Foundation’s external communications including e-newletters and social media, with a focus on twitter
You will report directly to the Foundation Manager.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 13th November 2019
To apply please send a CV and one-page cover letter to Foundation Manager, Georgina Brown, on email@example.com